Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 6, 2011

EVery BLoomin' THing-- Early May 2011

I've already had to cut the grass twice. Hope I can AFFORD to cut the grass this summer.

The dandelions just came in with a fine crop yesterday. Most of the neighborhood has no dandelion activity in their yards, but there are a few of us reprobates. Thinking about making some dandelion wine.

Some of the trees are budding out, led by the Japanese lilacs. The forsythia bushes came in real good this year.

I have some creeping vines with blue flowers right now, plus all those daffodils and hyacinths (both large and grape) are now being joined by the tulips.

I have one perennial with yellow flowers getting ready to burst into bloom along with white, red and lots of lavender creeping phlox.

I have a bit of a cold and because of it haven't been out to work in the yard the last couple of days.

Today, I bought two red perennials (coral bells?) and a three seat covered swing at Meijer's in McHenry.

Later today, I will get out and use a spray to kill the dandelions and crab grass as well as fertilize. I still need to cut up the half of one of my Bradbury pear trees that was blown down last fall.


I Love This Time of the Year. --RoadDog


YOGI BERRA SAYS: A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore. (I can just see that duck shaking his head.)

No comments: