Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Here's Looking at the Big 6-0

One day before I turn 60. Who'd A'Thought? Can it already be almost five years since I retired from teaching just a couple days after my 55th birthday?


Yesterday, the Chicago Tribune's comic section had a very appropriate Shoe strip.

FIRST PANEL: Shoe is running along the limb, coming up behind Cosmo, "Out of my way, Cosmo!!"

SECOND PANEL: Shoe entering the door to the Treetops Tavern: "Last one to the bar buys the first round!"

THIRD PANEL: Cosmo and Shoe have their beers at the bar. Cosmo says, "There must be an actual point where you cross into middle age."

FOURTH PANEL: Shoe says, "For me, I think I know when that was." Cosmo, "Oh?"

FIFTH PANEL: Shoe, "When I was young, the first thing I did when walking into a bar..."

SIXTH FRAME: "Was check out the babes."

SEVENTH FRAME: Cosmo, "And that's changed?"

EIGHTH FRAME: Shoe, "Oh, yeah...now the first thing I do..."

NINTH FRAME: Shoe, "Is check for the location of the bathroom."

Yup, That About Sums It Up for Me. --RoadDog


ONLY IN AMERICA....Do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

No comments: