Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Beach Music Top 40 from 1962-- Part 1

Fessa' John Hook is playing songs from 1962 on his spot on Cashbox Music website at http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/countdown/beachmusicweekly. You can listen to all 40 songs plus all of the Honorable Mention ones.

Some of these songs will be familiar to those of us growing up and listening to the music back then, but not me.

I didn't start listening to pop radio until after the Beatles in 1964. But I did listen to the oldies. Many of the other songs are what are considered to be classic beach and as such, I am familiar with them.

40. GROW CLOSER TOGETHER-- Impressions
39. MAKE IT BE ME-- Flares
38. THINGS I WANT TO HEAR/BABY IT'S YOU-- Shirelles
37. SOUL TWIST-- King Curtis
36. SHERRY-- Four Seasons

35. I KNOW-- Barbara George
34. THE WANDERER-- Dion
33. I WANT A GUY-- Marvelettes
32. I'M TORE DOWN-- Freddie King
31. GREEN ONIONS-- Booker T. & the MGs

Give It a Listen. --RoadDog


YOGI BERRA SAYS: When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

No comments: