Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Appears to Be a Record Store Day for Me

Liz and I had been thinking about going out to Dekalb, Illinois, for the annual NIU Spring Football game.  But, it is just too cool to do it.

Besides, I have to go to McHenry, Illinois, and visit one of my favorite places, The Vinyl Frontier, one of those fast-disappearing mom and pop record stores.  Ya Gotta Love the Name as well.  They sell used CDs and, of course, LPs.
There still are few joys better than flipping those albums in the bins and looking for the "buried" treasures.  Flipping CDs is just not as much fun.  Besides never having downloaded anything, I'd be hard-pressed to "figger" out how to flip through downloads.

Lots of announcements about Record Store Day on WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback which was to 1970 today.  I recorded it on audio cassettes (it took two 90-minute Maxells) and will pop the show into the tape deck on my '85 Firebird when I go over to the Frontier in a little while.

Support Your Local Record Store.  --RoadDog


OLDSTER BUMPER STICKERS:  I'm in the Initial Stages of My Golden Years:  CDs, IRAs, AARP...

No comments: