Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yard Tales: My Old John Deere

I've now cut the yard two times in my '94 John Deere tractor with triple mulching piranha deck. It's holding up well. Most years I have it taken in for a complete tuneup and work.

I bought it the second summer in the new house which sits on an acre here in Spring Grove, Illinois. We moved in over Thanksgiving 1992. The whole next summer I spend landscaping the sloping yard so didn't need to cut the weeds.

Summer '94, I had grass. I cut the grass one time using my old-19-inch walk behind power mower. After four hours, I decided it was time to get a lawn tractor. I don't mind cutting grass FOR AN HOUR, but this was just too much.

And, Ive been happily cutting ever since.

Bring On That Grass!! --RoadDog


WILL ROGERS SAYS: There ought to be one day-- just one--- when there is open season on senators.

No comments: