Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

JSS: Way Too Many Toys

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


WAY TOO MANY TOYS-- I'm thinking of taking a picture of all the mechanical things we own that I can't work on as my Green Thumb is Not a Greasy Thumb. I should do this while the boat is still in the driveway.

2003 Bayliner boat
1994 John Deere tractor

1985 Pontiac Firebird
2003 Chevy Malibu
2005 Dodge Dakota
2011 Chevy Malibu

That's four vehicles for two people!! OK, and we have a four-car garage, but can only get three vehicles in as one bay is taken up with yard stuff. The boat spends winters in a barn in Hebron and summers on a channel by Fox Lake.

And, I'd really love to have a 2012 Chevy Camaro, but would have to give up the Firebird and Dakota. Not quite ready to do that. I love driving the '85 (which we bought new and now has 94,000 miles on it) and yesterday, I went to Menard's and bought two railroad ties and 30 wall stones. I'd like to see anyone get that into a Camaro.

Oh, Well. Guess All This Stuff Means We're Not Doing Too Badly. Wish I Could Learn to Like Working On Mechanical Things. --RoadDog


OLDSTER BUMPER STICKERS: I'm Retired. I was Tired Yesterday and I'm Tired Again Today.

No comments: