Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Were You Doing April 8, 1970?-- Part 3

By the way, numbering this past Saturday was an effort in counting by fours: 4-8-12. Kind of neat.

I have a lot more to say about my life in 1970 (and sure wish I was already doing my journal which I didn't start until 1978), but should go ahead and start listing some of the songs Bob Stroud played.

One thing I really like about the Rock and Roll Roots shows is all the information he gives. His quotes first, mine in parentheses.

TRAVELING BAND-- CCR-- "B" side of their current hit. (Shoot, this one could easily have been an "A" side; by my favorite all-time band.)
MIGHTY JOE-- SHOCKING BLUE-- Follow up to their hit "Venus." WCFL was playing it, a mid-charter. (Never heard tis one, but I tended to listen to WLS more than CFL anyway.)

CELEBRATE-- THREE DOG NIGHT-- most recent hit. (How many times can you say "Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music?")
GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME-- CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD-- had a couple hits-- (Beach Music and I didn't even know it.)

SPIRIT IN THE SKY-- NORMAN GREENBAUM-- a one-hit wonder
HITCHING A RIDE-- VANITY FARE-- One of two hits for them, the other "Early in the Morning." (Until recently, I thought their last name was spelled Fair.)

Memories Are Made of This. --RoadDog


WILL ROGERS SAYS: If you ever injected truth into politics you'd have no politics.

No comments: