Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yard Tales: Looks Like Just Me and the Dandelions and Crab Grass Again

This last Saturday, we went to the Lake Villa/Antioch Trade Show here in northeast Illinois and I filled out a form to have the Lawn Doctor folks come out to take a look at the yard and submit a bid.

I can usually somewhat keep up with the dandelions, which are now in full bloom, but the last three years, the crab grass has completely overrun my defenses. I must admit to having lush patches of crabgrass.

They came out Tuesday. I was kind of hoping for something around $400 for the season. However, they wanted to make seven applications on our acre for $110 each--$770. Double too much.

Yesterday, I drove by our local Menard's and bought three bags of fertilizer plus crabgrass killer for $27.

Reckon I'll Take Care of It Myself. --RoadDog

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Ok. I'll admit it. This country/suburban yard caretaker goes with this lawn theory. If its green and can be mowed short what the heck... My next door neighbor who doesn't have a single weed in his toxic chemically drenched lawn may have another take on it though...:)

RoadDog said...

Since I got the acre, some weeds are not a problem, but not when they take over.

The crabgrass was really bad the last three years, so...This Means War!!