Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So, It Was a Perfect Game...In My Defense

Saturday, Liz and I went over to Stormy Mondays in the late afternoon to see a band playing there in a Chain of Lakes Kick-Off Summer 2012 party.

The White Sox-Mariner game was on when we arrived, but the sound was down.  It was the 7th inning and I noticed that the Sox were leading 4-0.  Good news!

Then, Donna, the bartender, was given the local Wassup Magazine's May Bartender of the Month Award and we had that.  The guy sitting next to me had never heard of the magazine, so I showed him a copy.  He lives in Lake Villa and saw that his daughter was on the front of the magazine.  Busted!!  She is a few months shy of her 21st birthday and there she was in front of Bootlegger's.

Phil Humber was pitching for the Sox and I was pretty sure he was a starter, so in the 8th inning that meant he was pitching a good game.  I'd see the scorelines at the end of every half inning, but only paid attention to the runs.

When that sort of weird last out took place, some guys in the bar started cheering.  Unfortunately, this is Cub Country and you don't hear much cheering for the Sox.  What's going on?

Then I see the whole Sox team run out of the dugout and "attack" Humber, knocking him to the ground and piling on. That is a lot more than the usual high-fiving after a win.  This must be some sort of a special game.

Then, they flashed the words "PERFECT GAME" on TV!!!  Holy Cow, I had been watching a perfect game and didn't even know it.  And, I A< A BIG WHITE SOX FAN!!!

In My defense, Had the Sound Been On, I Would Have Known.  --RoadDog


OLDSTER BUMPER STICKERS:  I was always taught to respect my elders.  Now, I don't have anyone to respect.

No comments: