Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 12, 2009

And They Didn't Run Out of Warsteiner-- Oktoberfest 2009-- Part 1

I've been enjoying one of my favorite celebrations of the year, Oktoberfest. Great music (Oompah!!), food, beer, and friends.

The five-disc CD player is now stocked with five German Oktoberfest albums which I've been listening to, getting in the mood.

Oct. 3rd, I was at Fox Lake's Oktoberfest. No German food, but the three-piece Alpiners were walking around playing various "Oom-pah" selections. Would have been better if they had the full group on stage and been amplified. However, the New Invaders playing great sixties songs made up for it. When was the last time you heard a band covering "Shapes of Things" by Max Frost & the Troopers?

I then played some "Oom-pah" music at Rick's 60th birthday party.

Ein Prosit!! --RoadDog

No comments: