Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where Were You October 18, 1970?-- Part 3

As I sit here listening to one of the two Halloween cassette tapes I used when I was deejaying. "HorroR Movie" by the Skyhooks is playing AT this moment. Just listened to "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo and "I Put a Spell on You" by Screaming Jay Hawkins. Don't Be Afraid.

Back to Bob Stroud's songs from this date.

SOMEBODY'S BEEN SLEEPING IN MY BED-- 100 PROOF (AGED IN SOUL)-- some years later, Foghat would cover it on their "Boogie Motel" album.
OUT IN THE COUNTRY-- THREE DOG NIGHT-- current release

JOANNE-- MICHAEL NESMITH AND THE FIRST NATIONAL BAND-- Did we know how good we had it back then when it was happening? I think we did, but putting it in a warp-perspective presentation, it really all comes home. (Short song title, long group name.)
ALL RIGHT NOW-- FREE-- Everything's alright when you're back to 1970. (Well, not so alright if your draft lottery number is 22. One of my all-time favorites. Talk about your guitar riffs!!)

DON'T TRY TO LAY NO BOOGIE-WOOGIE ON THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL-- CROW-- Next year, 1971, we'd get it from Long John Baldry. (Long song title, short group name. Loved Baldry's spoken story before he played it.)
INDIANA WANTS ME-- R. DEAN TAYLOR-- Top Ten. Served as a Motown staff writer. (I can't drive into this state without singing this song at the top of my voice. Just ask Liz.)

And It Ain't Over Yet. --RoadDog

No comments: