Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where Were You October 4, 1973? --Part 1

Bob Stroud then jumped ahead five years to 1973.

I was a first-year teacher at Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois. And a newly-wed as well, having just been married August 25th, I was earning a whopping $8900 a year, but living well on it.

We had an apartment in Des Plaines near Golf Mill. I drove our new 1973 manual Ford Pinto and Liz was driving her parents' 1969 Chevy to her job at the General Finance home office in Evanston.

I taught 7th, 8th, and 9th graders World Geography, Geography, and US History. Liz was a secretary and looking for a teaching job.

I was ready to teach high school kids and junior high definitely isn't high school and it was taking me awhile to get used to these people.

Great, Broke Times Back Then. --RoadDog

No comments: