Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Where Were You October 18, 1970?-- Part 1

Good old Bob Stroud pulled a fast one last Sunday and had another Time Warp back to that date 1970 and 1975. I overslept and missed the first two songs.

Anyway, back of October 18, 1970, I was thoroughly enjoying being a college student at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb. I was a sophomore and living out on Greek Row on Greenbriar at the Delta Sig House. My roommate was my pledge father, George Vix. At the time, I wanted to stay in college the rest of my life. I couldn't imagine having much more fun.

I was still working at the Lincoln Hall Food Service and scrounging whatever food I could get while there as I no longer had a food plan other than when George would bring Jumbo Jacks back from the Jack-in-the-Box where he worked.

Liz was still at Harper College, but planning on transferring to Northern as soon as possible. We were no longer going together, however.

My family had moved to Georgia that summer, so I was all by myself back in Illinois.

Next, the Music. --RoadDog

No comments: