Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Can't Take Much More of This Global Warming

Yesterday was pretty standard for around here. Cool and rain. We've only had about three decent days since September 19th. WHERE IS OUR FALL? These are supposed to be the days we savor because the "Bad" is fast approaching.

I was hoping to go boating the day before and yesterday, but it did not come to pass. However, I have been seeing lots of movies since we came home.

Yesterday, I went to McHenry, Illinois, and used a $5 Borders Bucks coupon and got a 30% teacher/retired teacher discount on a Blues CD and books on Chicago baseball and Weird Illinois. Sure am happy that Borders makes the effort to thank teachers every year in this manner. I got all of them for $16.

I then went to Steak and Shake and had their $2.99 steak burger, fries, and pop special. Now, that's a hard deal to beat. Plus, from 2-4 PM they have half off shakes and pop.

Last stop was at the McHenry Indoor Theatre for the $4 matinee movie "Surrogates." Put me down for the "Dreads." All this new technology really bothers me and this movie takes it to about as high a level as you can.

I had hoped to see the Johnsburg-Woodstock high school football game, but am not a big fan of sitting in the rain and cold when I don't have to.

Sorry Al. Making Do the Best I Can. --RoadDog

No comments: