Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Top Songs This Date Through the Years

Using Josh Hosler's site, these are he NUMBER ONE songs this date, October 1st.

2009 Gotta Feeling-- Black Eyed Peas-- this is one of the hottest bands around these days. I like their music.

1999 Unpretty-- TLC
1989 Miss You Much-- Janet Jackson-- before the costume meltdown

1979 Sad Eyes-- Robert John-- one of the great s-l-o-w sons
1978 Kiss You All Over-- Exile-- although Dr. CC did the most thorough job
1977 Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band-- I know I met some of those dudes in some of the bars I've visited.

1976 Play That Funky Music-- Wild Cherry-- Who says white boys can't get funky?
1975 Fame-- Daniel Bower-- Isn't there a movie out by this name these days?
1974 I Honestly Love You-- Olivia Newton-John-- Real pretty Aussie

1973 Half Breed-- Cher-- wearing those d-r-e-s-s-e-s real slinky-like
1972 Baby Don't get Hooked on Me-- Mac Davis-- It's Hard to Be Humble
1971 Maggie Mae/Reason to Believe-- Rod Stewart-- Takes me right back to the Sig Ep house at UGA.

1970 Ain't No Mountain High Enough-- Diana Ross
1969 Sugar, Sugar-- Archies-- Stop sing it, I know you are.

1959 Mack the Knife-- Bobby Darrin-- Go ahead, cut me.
1949 That Lucky Old Son-- Frankie Laine-- Sure have been missing it around here lately.

1939 Over the Rainbow-- Glenn Miller-- Think it could have something to do with a movie?
1929 Am I Blue-- Ethel Waters
1919 A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody-- John Street

What Happened to September? It Sure Went By Fast. --RoadDog

No comments: