Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Where Were You October 4, 1968?-- Part 3

Back to this month in '68.

PIECE OF MY HEART-- BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY-- (Come on, Janis, Cry Me a Song.)
IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA-- IRON BUTTERFLY-- the 45 mix (Sure glad it wasn't the way too long album version. We would have lost a lot of good songs in the hour and a half we had for this date. My buddies and I sure listened to this one over and over.)

GREENBURG, GLICKSTEIN, CHARLES, DAVID SMITH & JONES-- CRYAN' SHAMES-- getting all psychedelic on us. Top Ten. (Probably one of the longer titles, ever.)
TIME HAS COME TODAY-- CHAMBERS BROTHERS-- time is of the essence. (One of my all-time favorites.."Cuckoo!" I also liked their first hit, "I Can't Turn You Loose.")

I'VE GOT TO GET A MESSAGE TO YOU-- BEE GEES-- Top Ten. Barry, Robin, and Morris. (When they first came out, I really thought they were the Beatles performing under an alias.)
MIDNIGHT CONFESSIONS-- GRASS ROOTS-- (A completely under-rated group. These guys were good.)

Concluding Next. --RoadDog

No comments: