Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

JSS: No More Endless Summer-- 134 tulips, 3 Hostas-- Raising the Stickers, Lowering the Water-- First Freeze

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.

1. NO MORE ENDLESS SUMMER-- I was very sad to find out today that Fessa John Hook no longer is broadcasting his Endless Summer Network over the internet. However, you can still get his Beach Music Top 40 on the Cashbox site, both the songs and sound.

I guess it got to be too much to do all that he does. That guy is one Beach Music fanatic.


2. 134 TULIPS, 3 HOSTAS-- Yesterday, I planted 134 tulips and 3 hostas out in the front yard for that special blast of color come spring 2010. Each one was planted individually so my wrist is a bit sore today.

I guess I already have around a thousand spring bulbs planted out there. Nice show when you need it in the spring.


3. RAISING THE STICKERS, LOWERING THE WATER-- I'm not too happy with the Fox waterway Commission which is planning on raising boat stickers from $60 to $80 next year. Also, right now they are lowering he Chain's water level, something they're not supposed to do until the END of the month. Hope we can get the boat out of the channel later today.


4. FIRST FREEZE-- We had a very cold weekend with temps getting down to the twenties and all the annuals are gone now. Where is my fall? Where is my Injun Summer?

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: