Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beach Music Favorites, October

I listened to one of Fessa Hook's last Beach Music Top 40 countdowns on his late-great Endless Summer Network and made a list of songs that I liked.

FOUR STARS

I liked these the most.

SWEETNESS OF YOUR LOVE-- L.U.S.T.
634-5789-- Tower of Power with Huey Lewis
BUILD ME UP-- Band of Oz

WHY'D I DRINK SO MUCH-- Mike Goudreau
THERE'LL COME A TIME-- Jerry Wilson & the Jewels
THAT'S WHAT YOU DO-- Rev. Bubba D. Liverance

JUST GO-- Lionel Richie & Akon
SWEET CAROLINE-- Holiday
UHH!-- Calabash Blues & Boogie Band


THREE STARS

I DON'T WANT NOBODY-- Ike Turner
THAT'S MY STORY (& I'M STICKIN' TO IT)-- chairmen of the Board
MATTER OF TIME-- Tommy Black & Blooz

TIL YOU COME BACK TO ME-- Magnificents
TOO MUCH BUTT-- Saffire
THAT AIN'T RIGHT-- Dr. Wu & Friends

WHO STOLE MY RADIO-- Tony Galla
DIRTY OL' MAN-- Hardway Connection
SHAME-- Mighty Mo Rogers

WILLIE-- Delbert McClinton

Love That Beach Music. --RoadDog

No comments: