Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And They Didn't Run Out of Warsteiners-- Oktoberfest-- Part 3

Continued from October 12th.

One of my favorite times of the year is Oktoberfest. Love the music, the beer, the food, the beer, the season (most years), and, did I mention THE BEER. I didn't like German beer at one time, BUT NOT NO MORE!

I've been enjoying listening to my German oom-pah music both at home and in the vehicles. I've especially been playing the Die Musikmeisters CD. By far, one of the best collections of songs. I have about 15 German Oktoberfest CDs.


MEXICAN OOM-PAH MUSIC

Several years ago, I was listening to one of our many Mexican stations here in Illinois (I do that from time to time and am a big fan of Mexican music even if I don't know what they're saying). I was surprised to hear a song that sounded like an oom-pah band and then another. I did a little research and found that back in the 1800s, a lot of Germans settled in northern Mexico and brought their music and culture with them. That is why it sounds like oom-pah but sung in Spanish.

Ein Prosit! Let's Count in German. --RoadDog

No comments: