Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

As 2011 Gives Way to 2012

A look back at 2011 for Liz and myself.

I deejayed my last job at George's Cedar Inn in Lake Villa, Illinois. I'm retired from that now as well.

We fully funded our education scholarship at Northern Illinois University and two students received money for student teaching.

I have now been retired 5 1/2 years. Where does the time go? Doesn't seem like it.

We bought a 2011 Malibu for trips. That joins a 2003 Malibu, 1985 Firebird, 2005 Dakota. I need to sell one, but not sure.

In addition we have a 1994 lawn tractor and a 2003 boat.

No wonder I spend so much on gas.

I went to North Carolina three times to visit family. Liz and my two major trips were to Panama City Beach and a Missouri/Illinois Route 66 trip.

I will be starting two new blogs tomorrow, one on World War II and one on the Civil War Navy.

I spend way too much time researching and typing, but enjoy it.

And a Happy New Year to You. --RoadDog

No comments: