Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Goodbye Creepy Burger King

Burger King has scrapped its creepy-looking plastic king. Good, he creeped me out. They could make a great horror show using his likeness.

he was the symbol of the hamburger fast-food restaurant since 2004.

According to Time Magazine, he joins some other dropped "mascots in that great greasy restaurant in the sky."

Do you remember these:

McDonald's Hamburglar

Arby's Oven Mitt (that was just plain dumb)

Quiznos Spongemonkey (I don't remember this one, but Quiznos is fairly new to our area.)

Domino's Noid (I liked this one.)

Taco Bell Chilhuahua (I'd really love to see come back. I really liked the one where he was going to catch Godzilla in a little box and after seeing the monster said, "I think I'm going to need a bigger box" with that great accent.

OK, so it wasn't for a restaurant, but I also liked the Frito Bandito.

Guess These Last Two Aren't Very PC These Days. --RoadDog


HOW'S THAT AGAIN? Between hay and grass...Not a child or an adult. Could it be a "Tween?

No comments: