Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Seventy Years Ago Today, Pearl Harbor

An event that plunged the United States into World War II, although it was obvious by preparations that it was just a matter of time before that happened.

Along with the Alamo, this battle is one of the non-Civil War battles that I am most interested in and have several books devoted to it. I have been doing blog entries on it ever since I started, especially in my history one.

Back when I was teaching, I would at least mention it to classes in my earlier years before it became a one-day lesson and eventually a three-day one. One year, I even had a Pearl Harbor Survivor come in and give a talk. And, these lessons were considering that I did not teach that era.

I put up my three US flags once we had daylight today.

Today, every one of my blogs will be about the event, even my Civil War one.

And then there was another sneak attack that happened ten years ago.

I'll Not Forget It.

No comments: