Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beach Music Top 40 for 1954-- Part 1

I'm listening to Fessa John Hook's Beach Music Survey of the the Top Ten songs for 1954. I was 3 at the time, so don't remember any, but am familiar with some of the songs. Other songs I've never heard before.


#40 Get It off Your Mind-- Robins
#39 I'm Stuck-- Five Jets
HM Oh What a Fool-- Joseph "Mr. Google Eyes" August (really, a Google back in 1954?)
#38 Tick Tock-- Marvin and Johnny

#37 'Lizabeth-- Thrillers
HM I'm a Wine Drinker-- Bards
#36 Honey Hush-- Big Joe Turner
HM Love Contest-- Ruth Brown

#35 Shim, Sham, Shimmy-- Champion Jack DuPree
#34 My man's an Undertaker-- Dinah Jackson
#33 Jungle Juice-- Stick McGhee and His Buddies
HM Fifty Five Seconds-- Otis Williams and the Charms
#32 I Ain't Drunk-- Jimmy Liggins
#32 Talkin' That talk-- Jimmy Liggins
#31 A Dollar Down-- Louis Jordan and His Tympany 5

You can hear all four hours at
http://www.cashboxmagazine.com/countdowns/beachmusicweekly.html

Good Stuff, Maynard! --RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead give away.)

No comments: