Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Good and the Bad One-Word Titles

From the July 25th Chicago Tribune "Eureka! Finding the right one-word title is hit or miss" by Julia Keller.

In yesterday's Movie Scratches, I mentioned seeing the movie "Inception" which I enjoyed. Julia Keller came up with a lits of what she considers to be good and bad one-word titles in all sorts of areas.

ALL-TIME BEST ONE-WORD TITLES

GUNSMOKE-- (1955-76) TV series
JAWS-- (1974) novel
LOST-- (2004-2010) TV series (I liked it at first, but got too confused and quit)
BABE-- (1995) movie (never saw it)
HERATBROKE-- (1982) song by Guy Clark (I liked Ricky Skaggs' version)
OKLAHOMA-- (1943) musical (Now I have that song in my head, thanks Julia.)


ALL-TIME WORST ONE-WORD TITLES

SCRUBS-- (2001-2010) TV series (I liked it until the last two years.)
INCEPTION (2010) movie (I liked it)
SAW-- (2004) movie (I recently saw "Saw" and like it.)
BEOWULF-- (AD 800-900) poem

These were the ones I knew.

I Don't Always Agree, But makes for Interesting Thinking. --RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: Reading while sunbathing makes you well read.

No comments: