Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Heading for North Carolina 2010-- Part 4-- Kentucky to Tennessee

AUGUST 29th-- Sunday-- Part 2

Took I-64 to I-65 through Louisville and after some driving, found a White Castle to enjoy their $2.99 Snack Pack (3 A-1 Sliders, fries and drink). I especially like the new A-1 sliders.

Got on US-150/US-31E and took it to Bardstown where the two split. Drove US-150 to Perryville, Kentucky where I went to the Civil War Battle of Perryville. I looked at some of the battlefield and the museum, then headed to Mount Vernon, by US-75 where I met up with my buddy Denny G. who was just finishing up a weeklong drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway which is celebrating its 75th anniversary of the start of it.

Then drove I-75 to London, Kentucky, where I got off and liked the $2.50 gas and found the NTN site I was looking for right next door, Shiloh Roadhouse. Played a couple games then back on I-75 to the Tennessee stateline where I got off at Jellico and took US-25W. Denny had said this is quite a beautiful drive and he was absolutely right. Took it to La Follette and back on the interstate to just north of Knoxville where I spent the night.

Superslabbing It Across NC Next. --RoadDog

No comments: