Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Heading for North Carolina: Part 11-- Home

September 7th.

I drove the National Road and US-40 west from Zanesville, Ohio, to Hebron, about twenty miles east of Columbus. I did stop to look at the Eagle Nest Monument, a large rock commemorating the concrete paving of the National Road from Zanesville to Hebron from 1914-1916, part of an experiment to see what the best road materials were. Concrete proved to be best.

I drove this whole stretch.

I was sad to see Clark's restaurant in Jacksontown was closed and had a sign about a final auction of all equipment for this weekend. Guess that is a s final as it gets. They were noted for their special fried chicken and homemade pies, which I was able to enjoy both a few years back.

Superslabbin' It Home, Next. --RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired. (Boy, was that bad!)

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

I was checking out profiles with a civil war interest but can help commenting on the pale hose. I was sure the Sox were getting desperate when they signed Manny. He is poison and quite a contrast to the class act of Mark and Paul. Thome has been a real leader here and am quite sure he won't be intimiated by the hex the Yankees have on the Twins. See ya next year. :)

RoadDog said...

Well, I will be pulling for the Twins in the playoffs. Got to keep with the division.

And, of course, anyBODY but the YANKEES!!