Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heading for North Carolina 2010-- Part 5-- North Carolina Bound

I took the interstate bypass around Knoxville, half expecting a traffic jam at 8 am, but never saw one.

I was getting down on gas, but wouldn't fill up until I got east of the Tn-66 exit for Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. I have always found he stations east of there to be cheaper than anywhere else. I went to the Pilot Station at Dandridge (Exit 417) and got gas for the cheapest on the trip so far, $2.37.

Gas in Gibson City, Illlinois Aug. 28th was $2.60
Aug. 29th Vincennes, Indiana $2.59
Aug. 29th London, Kentucky $2.50
Aug. 30th Whitsett, NC $2.48


THANK GOODNESS IT'S OPEN AGAIN

It sure was nice being able to drive through the mountains of North Carolina on I-40. This road had been closed for about two years after a major rock slide. Earlier this spring, I had to take US-52 in Winston-Salem to Wytheville, Virginia and then I-81 back to Knoxville.

Definitely a lot easier with I-40 open.

Fancy McDonald's Next. --RoadDog

No comments: