Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heading for North Carolina 2010-- Part 6-- North Carolina Bound

I got off I-40 on the east side of Asheville at the Biltmore exit and went to a McDonald's for a break. Lots of "Forever Lights" and traffic, but this was the fanciest McDonald's I've ever been in. It was three stories high, had columns, parque floors, plants, and even a player piano in the corner. Definitely worth a stop if you're ever in the area.

I also stopped to eat bbq at Butch's BBQ and Breakfast in Morganton. It was alright barbecue, but I've had better.

Got gas around Burlington, which is usually the cheapest along I-40. Gas in Asheville is usually higher.

I was happy to get around the Durham-Raleigh traffic hassle with just one stop near RDU airport where there was a lot of road construction. After about a mile crawl, it was smooth sailing despite getting into the early part of rush hour.

I love the new US-70 bypass around Clayton as it saves a real lot of time.

Arrived at Goldsboro about 5 pm.

Finally at Mom's. --RoadDog

No comments: