Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 24, 2010

JSS: White Sidewalks-- Not Much Boating-- No Harvest Moon for Us-- But, Fireworks

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.


1. WHITE SIDEWALKS-- Yesterday, I had my friend Lance come up with his pressure washer to do some long overdue power washing of the sidewalks and patios around the house. The new white ones sure create a glare and can cause eyestrain in direct sunlight


2. NOT MUCH BOATING-- Between the weather and Liz's eye appointments, I've only been out on the boat twice since returning home from North Carolina. I have to get some more in as the end of the season is fast approaching and we get those earlier and earlier nightfalls.


3. NO HARVEST MOON FOR US-- I didn't know that a Harvest Moon was a full moon that occurs on the first official day of fall. And, we had one Wednesday, but we couldn't see it because of all the clouds. Too bad, I would have liked to be able to say I'd seen one. You know, "Shine On


4. BUT, FIREWORKS-- Coming back from a local restaurant last night, Liz and I saw fireworks out to the south, not something you expect to see on a Thursday night in September. It was the bonfire and fireworks display that Johnsburg High School has every night before their homecoming game.

I rushed around to the back of the house and could see them quite easily from near the gazebo. We used to be able to see them from the deck, but some clown, who shall remain nameless, planted too many trees at the back of our property and...they grew.

Nice fireworks display.

Just Some Stuff-- RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

No comments: