Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Going Back to 1967

Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten, hosted by Seaver yesterday, went back to 1967. Probably my favorite-ever year if I had to pick one. I was a sophomore at Palatine High for part of it and junior for the rest. I started my first job at Burger King and met Liz. I also started getting into journalism with the school paper (probably why I do these lousy blogs).

I once had a 1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible (but not back then). I'd sure like to still have it, but I sold the car when there was just too much expensive work that needed to be done.

Every two songs they play, there is a break where they play news clips, give information about the year and sometimes play commercials.

From 1967: A commercial for the Dodge Coronet and sportscar Charger. All part of what they were calling the Dodge Rebellion.

The Green bay Packers beat the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl I.

Rolling Stone Magazine published their first issue (I subscribed to it for many years until I'd never heard of too many of the groups they talked about.)

The Monkees went to #1 for the first time.

There was a really weird song out called "I'm a Mechanical Man. (The lyrics were by Charles Manson. I wonder if that is THAT Charles Manson?

There was also a commercial for Wrigley Spearmint gum.

Sings Up Next. --RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: Shotgun wedding-- a case of wife or death.

.

No comments: