Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heading for North Carolina-- Part 7-- Goldsboro-- Getting My Fill of BBQ and Music

I was in Goldsboro from August 30th to September 6th.

In that time I got as much Carolina bbq that I must admit I had had enough, at least until next time.

It was great getting together with family as well. My sister Julie, her son Alex and daughter-in-law Alysson, my brother Bob and his wife Judy as well as his son Andy, wife Andrea and kids Charlie and Aylin. The letter A for names runs deep in my family.

Sad to see Mom's dog Coco on her last days and SamIAm, the cat was feisty and a good fighter.


MORE MUSIC: BLUEGRASS, BEACH MUSIC AND ROOTS MUSIC

Tuesday, I went to the Wayne County Museum and saw an excellent two-piece father-daughter Bluegrass band.

Thursday I saw a Beach Music band called Legends of Beach play at Goldsboro's Center Street Jam. Most are former members of the Embers, a regional Beach Band that's been around since the 60s. They are led by the Godfather of Beach Music, Jackie Gore. He wrote and sang the Beach Music national anthem "I Love Beach Music."

Then, it was over to the Wayne County Arts Council building where the Camelots were playing Roots Music in honor of the Smithsonian's Traveling Roots Music exhibit which will be there for another two weeks.

Eatin', Greetin' and Tappin' in Goldsboro. --RoadDog


MAXINE SAYS: There should be a support group for women who can't put dishes into the dishwasher dirty.

No comments: