Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's a Summer 1970 Thing-- Part 1

While I was in North Carolina, Liz was nice enough to record Bob Stroud's final salute to the Summer of 1970, Part 4, on September 5th.

I was starting my sophomore year at Northern Illinois University and my parents had moved to Georgia because of Dad's transfer. Sophomore year, I lived at the Delta Sig house out on Greenbrier Road in Fraternity Row, a short distance north of campus.

This was Stroud's fourth installment of his now annual salute to summers gone by. He started back in 2007 with the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love, 1967.

This was what your radio sounded like and what some of your records sounded like 40 years ago on Labor Day Weekend.

HAND ME DOWN WORLD-- GUESS WHO-- their latest one.
TIGHTER AND TIGHTER-- ALIVE AND KICKING-- one-hit wonder

SOMETHING'S COMING ON-- BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS-- from BS&T 3, side 2
SPILL THE WINE-- ERIC BURDON & WAR-- still in the Top Ten

"Imagine me, a long-haired leaping gnome..." --RoadDog


NO PUN INTENDED: A hangover is the Wrath of Grapes.

No comments: