Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Want Some Syrup with That Coffee?

Call it a Senior Moment or whatever you will, but yesterday at the IHOP, I was thinking about getting their Rooty Tooty Rich 'N Fruity breakfast and ordered coffee while contemplating.

The waitress bought my cup and a container of coffee. We ended up ordering omelets with pancakes. I like their pancakes because of the choice of four syrups they have in the basket. I love variety.

But then, I saw another syrup container appear on the table and it was warm. I wasn't sure why the waitress would bring another syrup to the table when we already had four. I tried it on a pancake but it came out much faster than syrup should. I decided it tasted more like coffee (Coffee on Your Pancakes?) so poured it into my half empty coffee cup. That sure made the coffee super sweet and a bit thicker.

At this point I truly had no idea what I had in front of me. I asked the waitress the next time she came by and she said she had warmed up some syrup. I felt a bit foolish asking for another cup of coffee.

Moral of the story is to beware of strange-looking containers of syrup (or was it really coffee that appear on your table at IHOP.

A little later that day, on my way home, was when the horses looked funny at me. Perhaps it was because of the great coffee/syrup caper.

Pass the Syrup, Please.--RoadDog


MAXINE SAYS: A household hint. Stop dusting and you can use your coffee (or syrup) table as a message board.

2 comments:

Empoprises said...

Blame IHOP. If it's that easy to confuse the syrup and the coffee, perhaps IHOP needs better packaging.

RoadDog said...

At IHOP, you can have your coffee and syrup, too.