Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goldsboro's Decked Out in White and Red

I've always wanted to visit Goldsboro, NC, this time of the year because the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom. I'd seen pictures of it, and really wanted to see first-hand. This year, I had that opportunity.

Everywhere you look, it's a BLAST of white dogwoods and red and white azaleas with gold forsythias and purple wisterias thrown in for good measure.

Two of the MOST beautiful yards are my mom's and brother's which are right next to each other. As a matter of fact, the blocks of homes behind their places are also a sight behold. Then, there's Hermann Park and what locals call Pill Hill. Pretty impressive.

We were driving down a street behind their homes and, looking ahead, I saw a blast of white even more striking than I had seen before. As we approached nearer, I saw that a lot of it was from Mom's yard

I've had horns blown at me on more than one occasion as I was driving too slowly for the tastes of other motorists. Well, too bad. I AM going to enjoy the scene as much as I can.

If You're Looking for Some Spring Color, Goldsboro's the Place to Go. --RoadDog

No comments: