Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

JSS-- Raining Here Too-- "Nim's Island" and "King Kong"-- Better Pick Up My Taxes, But Don't Want To-- 50th Anniversary of the Great Chicken Track

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY-- First, it was rain, rain, rain and cool in North Carolina and now I have it here as well. Just can't win.

It rained all the way home Thursday from Lebanon, Indiana, north of Indianapolis, and then yesterday it was off and on rain. Today, it's drizzling the whole time. Lots of flooding along lower areas and rivers. I imagine that the Chain of Lakes will be closed for awhile now. Kind of hoping to get the boat out of winter storage, though I doubt I'll be able to afford gas for it this summer because of the GRB Big Oil folk.

2. "NIM'S ISLAMD"-- Yesterday went to the McHenry Indoor Theater and saw the $3 (great price these days) matinee of "Nim's Island." Found it enjoyable and all that sun and blue water made me want to go boating even more.

SUMMATION-- "It's a wonder what a pelican, sea lion, and lizard can do."

Also watched one of my favorites, "King Kong" Peter Jackson's remake of the classic on TV last night. That show has it all, but I was especially impressed by the recreation of 1920s New York City. I was having a hard time watching the action while trying to see the buildings.

SUMMATION-- "A gorilla, his girl, lots of dinosaurs, and creepy crawlies."

3. BETTER PICK UP MY TAXES-- Due date is fast approaching and I'd better get over to Pearle's to pick it up. It's done, but I owe some big bucks, so don't really want to. I always thought that once you retired, you shouldn't have to pay extra taxes, BUT, I WAS WRONG!!!

4. 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT CHICKEN TRACK, THE PEACE SIGN-- In Yesterday's Northwest Herald, I saw a political cartoon mentioning that 2008 was the 50th anniversary of the peace sign that became so popular during the 60s. I always thought it was made during the 60s, but 50 years ago would put it in the 1950s.

Did some research on it and posted to http://cootershistorything.blogspot.com

Still Waiting for Spring!!! --RoadDog

No comments: