Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 18, 2008

JSS-- Slept Right Through It-- More Daffs-- Gas Gouge-- "Ruins"-- Inflation Hits Sliders-- 24 Years

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. SLEPT RIGHT THROUGH EARTHQUAKE IN ILLINOIS-- Something you just don't think of when the word earthquake is mentioned. California comes to mind, but not Illinois. But, early this morning, at 4:36 am, a 5.2 Richter Scale tremor hit near New Salem, Illinois, about 90 miles northwest of Evansville, Indiana.

The Chicago Tribune reported that it could be felt at the Tribune Tower downtown. It took a poll from readers, and as of 8:11 am, 1457 said yes, 581 no. I had to vote no as I slept right through it if it had been felt this far north in Spring Grove. We are about six miles south of the Wisconsin border.

2. DAFFODILLS are now blooming in several diferent places around the yard. The SMELL of Spring!

3. STILL REELING FROM THIS PAST WEEK'S GAS GOUGE-- The GBRs from Big Oil and their allies (commodities traders, oil analysists and oil experts) have been busy little bees this past week with gas in the Fox Lake area rising from $3.43 Monday to $3.66 yesterday. I did "top off" at the "bargain price" of $3.55 at the last "low" gas station on US-12.

The "magical" $4 a gallon mark is in easy reach. I'm predicting by the end of the month at this rate. You've got to give credit to Big Oil for moxie. I had figured they'd only go as high as $3.50 around here, as that, in itself, would be a record, but, they're going for the golden ring.

4. "RUINS"-- saw this movie yesterday about four spring breaking college students who decide to get some culture instead of drinks and visit a Mayan ruins near their resort. SYNOPSIS-- I don't think I'll be working out in the yard for awhile.

5. INFLATION HITS THE SLIDER-- Just one more thing that is more expensive these days. The price of a White Castle went from 52 cents to 55 cents!! It will now cost me more to get my "craving." I have develoed a taste for their new bacon cheeseburger at 69 cents. Plus, in Lebanon, Indiana, they had a 99 cent pulled pork sandwich which was quite good as well, but I haven't seen it around here. Hope they get it.

6. 24 YEARS OF DEEJAYING-- Last night, I deejayed at a local middle school in Mundelein, Illinois, for the 24th straight year. It is the only school I still deejay at these days. Being a private school, the kids are very well-behaved and a lot of fun. I play there four times a year.

As far as prices going up, I still charge the same today as I did 24 years ago.

Things Going On Around Here. --RoadDog

No comments: