Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Think I Dun Been 'cued Out

Is it possible to get too much Carolina barbeque? Well, it seems that I am about to find out,

Yesterday, I went to Scott's BBQ here in Goldsboro, for a big plate of the stuff, along with cole slaw, hush puppies, cracklings (skin) and ribs. I've been wanting to go here for a long time, but it was completely closed down for years and just has reopened a few years ago, but only on Thursdays and Fridays.

On Thursday, I had Wilber's BBQ at the Salvation Army's Annual Plate Dinner, and helped deliver about 100 meals as well. Kind of hard to be in an enclosed vehicle with all those bbq smells about.

Wednesday found us a'eatin' McCall's BBQ at the Mount Olive Methodist Church's annual potluck dinner.

Last Saturday, David Avrette, owner of Howard's Barbeque in Lillington, NC, prepared you know what for the Topsail Arms annual dinner meeting at Topsail Beach. He owns one of the units.

The day before, we had stopped at Smithfield's BBQ and Chicken in Warsaw on the way to the beach, and had, what else?

I do have to admit, that I might just be reaching saturation point. I never thought I'd hear myself utter the words, "Nope, no barbeque for me," but that day might be fast-acomin'.

I'll be writing more specifics about these places at http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com, but not right now. I smell some 'cue.

Heading Back North on Tuesday, Where THERE IS NO CAROLINA BBQ!!! Well, on Second Thought. --RoadDog

No comments: