Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Got Back-- Part 2

Wednesday, I spent most of the day touring National Road/US-40 sites and playing NTN.

NORWICH TO COLUMBUS, OHIO

I backtracked to Norwich where I saw the site of the first traffic accident in the US. In 1835, a west-bound stage coach rounded a sharp bend here, ran into a drove of pigs, turned over and killed Christopher Baldwin. Somehow, I missed the National Road/Zane Grey Museum.

In Zanesville, I saw the beautiful Muskingum County Courthouse and the famous Y-Bridge crossing the Muskingum and Licking rivers.

Further west were some old motels, the Spring Box (used for water on the National Road, and Reciprocity Bridge.

West of Brownsville, I got very lost and did some cruising along some beautiful roads before ending up in Jacksontown where I had a great meal at Clark's Restaurant, dating back to 1918. They are noted for great fried chicken and hoimemade pies. Definitely a well deserved compliment to them.

COLUMBUS, OHIO TO LEBANON, INDIANA

Once in Reynoldsburg, an eastern suburb of Columbus, I played NTN at two places. Tried to get back on I-70, but got lost and did a lot of driving before getting to the west side of Columbus where I got back on US-40 at West Jefferson.

Then to Springfield where I played NTN at the downtown Buffalo Wild Wings. US-40 to Vandalia and one last round of NTN and then I-70 to Indianapolis and I-65 to Lebanon, about 20 miles northwest where I turned in for the night.

On the Road Again, I Just Can't Wait to Get... --RoadDog

No comments: