Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Visiting Family in North Carolina

I have been on the road since this past Wednesday.  I took my usual route to get around Chicago, Il-47.  At Sauneman, I went east on Il-110 and even was on US-45 for awhile.  We had taken it from Mobile, Alabama, to Champaign, Illinois, earlier in the month.

Caught I-65 in Indiana and went to I-70 in Indianapolis, all the way to Cambridge, Ohio, where it was I-77 to Marietta, Ohio, right on the Ohio River where I spent the night.

Thursday, it was I-77 in the rain to Charleston, West Virginia, where I had breakfast at a Shoney's (I haven't eaten at one of these in a long time).  Great buffet for $6.95.The West Virginia Turnpike, between the first two toll areas, is one of the most beautiful drives anywhere, and I am not a big fan of interstates.  Total tolls are $3.75 at three toll collection plazas.  The scenery is worth it.

On to Virginia and got gas for $3.15, the lowest along the ride.  Most places wanted $3.28 or more.To I-74 to I-40 from Winston-Salem to Raleigh, not a favorite drive because of the heavy  traffic, but I was running a little before rush hour and madeit with no major traffic jams.

Took  US-70 to Goldsboro.

Talk About an EXPENSIVE Drive!!!  --RoadDog

No comments: