Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Got Back-- Part 3

Left Lebanon, Indiana, on Thursday, on was rained on all day. Just love driving in the rain. Fortunately, it was not a downpour.

Took I-65 northwest with the intention of looking for a route west to Illinois before I hit the big mass of sprawl and traffic by US-30, the old Lincoln Highway. Next time through, I will take Indiana Hwy 10 at Roselawn over to Illinois. As it was, I stayed on I-65 to Lowell and ended up taking US-41 to US-30 as there weren't any good roads going west.

At least there was a White Castle at the intersection of those two roads so got a taste. Gads, White Castles went up 3 cents to 55 cents because of this inflation that is not happening.

FUN AND GAMES IN CHICAGOLAND

Planned on taking the Lincoln Highway to Joliet, but missed a turn somewhere. Ended up taking Il-394 to US-6 and going west. I don't suggest this. It was traffic and stoplights the whole way. I went under one big underpass where the garbage was all over the place and the potholes hadtheir own potholes.

Took Il-7 to Lockport and eventually caught up with US-30 again to my Il-47 Chicago by-pass.

All along, I got to see gas prices rise significantly once in Chicagoland. Usually it was $3.50 to $3.60!!! Thanks Big Oil GRBs.

All in All, a Pretty Miserable Day of Driving.

No comments: