Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

JSS-- Interesting Numbers-- BBQ Again-- Wally Phillips-- Patrick Downs

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HAS RELEASED SOME INTERESTING NUMBERS-- The average American will consume 12,149 hamburger buns, 19,862 eggs, and a whopping 49,717 cans of soda in a lifetime. Let's hope there was meat in those buns. HERE'S EGG IN YOUR FACE. Excuse me while I b-b-r-r-u-ppp.

2. NEVER GUESS WHAT I HAD FOR DINNER TONIGHT-- I had left over McCall's and Scott's BBQ!!! How many times has that been now? Barbeque--good!

3. WALLY PHILLIPS-- Well-known Chicago radio host Wally Phillips died last month. From 1965-1986, he ruled the airwaves in Chi-Town. I know my parents and wife's parents listened to him religiously and so did Liz and myself.

Liz called into one of his contests once and we won a whole bunch of stuff, including a boat trip on Lake Geneva and tickets to see Sammy Davis in "Stop the World, I Want to Get Off." We happened to know that Wilbert Harrison sang "Kansas
City."

4. PATRICK DOWNS-- Co-creator of the National Trivia Network, NTN, died last month as well. His game is interactive and you play not only with other people at your site, but with folks all across the United States and Canada.

Currently, it is located in about 3,500 bars and restaurants, and, at any given time, around 10,000 people are playing.

My wife and I are heavily "hooked" on this game and play it more than we should, but we have great times doing it. Whenever we travel, we make a point of playing at as many places as we can.

No comments: