Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sculpture Not the Only Thing the Tribune Bracketed

Evidently, each day, the Tribune ran a non-sport related bracketology contest over quite a few Chicago-related subjects. I was unable to get the whole fields up, but did get the final two in each category for which readers could vote. I voted as well.

BANDS-- Chicago Synphony Orchestra 50.1% vs. Smashing Pumpkins 49.9%. I voted for CSO. Here, I would have gone with the band Chicago.

NATIVE PLANTS-- Black-eyed Susan 1479 votes vs. wild columbine 919 votes. I voted for black-eyes susan as my gardens are covered with them.

SCULPTURE-- Cloudgate 64.4% vs. Flamingo 35.6%. I. of course, voted for the Bean, but think it SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LIONS!!!

CHICAGO-RELATED MOVIE-- Blues Brothers 58.1% vs. Ferris Buehler's Day Off 41.9%. I voted Blues Brothers. It is my second all-time favorite movie.

BOOK-- Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" 84.8% vs. Saul Bellow's "The Adventures of Angie Micah" 15.2%. Old illiterate me haven't read either of them, but voted for Sinclair since at least I've heard of it.

CANDY-- Juicy Fruit 46.3% vs. Snickers 53.7%. I voted Juicy Fruit, but would rather have seen Ferrara Pan's Red Hots, my favorite candy.

I sure would like to see all eight entrants in each non basketball bracket.

So There You Have It. This is What Some Chicago Folk Like. --RoadDog

No comments: