Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 25, 2008

So, What Are You Listening To?

An article in the Business Section of the March 26th Chicago Tribune discussed listening options available today.

IPODS-- 75% of new cars have option. I've never had one, but have sure heard about them.

STANDARD RADIO-- 93% still listen, down from 96% ten years ago. Still my preferred thing to listen to in my car.

WIMAX RADIO-- about a year away from commercial use. You can listen to your favorite internet stations. I'm listening to 94.7 FM the Surf from North Nyrtle Beach right now.

HD RADIO-- 1200 stations offered it last year, but only a quarter of US aware of it. Definitely something I'll look into.

SATELLITE RADIO-- XM and Sirius have combined 17 million subscribers at about $13 a month. Don't think I'll PAY for MY RADIO. But, then again, I said I'd never PAY for my TV either. Look where that got me.

Interesting, Nothing Mentioned About Listening to Your Cassette While Driving. --RoadDog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrestrial radio's TSL is down significantly. HD Radio is a farce:

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com