Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

JSS-- Chicago Cougar-- They Started-- 70s and WIND-- Double Feature-- GAS GOUGE!!!

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. CHICAGO COUGAR-- I am sure sorry to see that the police decided to shoot that cougar in Chicago a few days ago. I'm sure it would have much rather been somewhere else. Too bad they couldn't have sedated it or captured it.

2. 85 FIREBIRD AND LAWN TRACTOR-- Tuesday, I tried to start the mu 1985 Firebird for the first time in three weeks after rarely doing so all winter. Nothing. Tried it again yesterday and it started right up. Who's a figgered? The lawn tractor started right away after being off for the winter. You know what is growing.

3. MAYBE SUMMER'S HERE-- Yesterday temps got into the 70s!!! First time in six months. Unfortunately, the wind was howling. Almost blew me over and keeping dead vegetation in the wheelbarrow was all sorts of fun. I know my neighbors don't much care for it, but those items escaping the wheelbarrow were off my yard quickly. That's ok because I got a fair amount of stuff from my neighbors to the west and south.

4. DOUBLE FEATURE DAY-- Saw two movies at the Fox Lake Theater. The first for $5, the second for $4. It's senior day, but that's at 60 to qualify so I can't press it. Just depends who I get to buy my ticket from.

The first movie was "21"-- Blackjack, Vegas, Card Counting, and the High Life. Sign Me Up. Not likely as I can't remember but three digits at a time.

Second "Leatherheads"-- No Doubt, George Clooney is the "King of Smarm."

5. GAS GOUGE IS ON!!!-- Gas in Fox Lake was $3.50 (up from $3.44 Monday) when I went to the theater at 11:15 am. It had gone up another two cents on the way back. I filled up the five gallon gas container for the tractor for $3.56 here in Spring Grove. THIS IS THE MOST I'VE EVER SPENT FOR GAS. I really hate those Big Oil GRBs.

Gettin' Too Expensive. --RoadDog

No comments: