Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 3, 2011

How About 'Dem Gas Prices!!! Up, Up and Away

I read in the newspaper yesterday that gas stockpiles are up, the dollar is stronger, demand in the US is down and prices are finally starting to drop.

Now, that is everywhere but in Chicago where it has gone up 21 cents this past week. Chicagoland already had the highest gas prices in the country before this increase WHEN EVERYWHERE ELSE IT IS DROPPING!!! I guess the powers that be just want there to be NO DOUBT who pays the most.

Last week, gas was "down" to $3.96 in Fox Lake. Monday, I noticed the Phillips 66 had jumped to $4.08 and they're always the bellwether of price increase. I filled up at the BP, which was still $3.96. Tuesday it was also $4.08.

This morning, both stations were at $4.18. Gas at the Mobil station on Rollins Road was $4.26 and gas in Round Lake Beach was $4.24. Gas at the two stations on US-12 was up another penny in the afternoon.

I know we are told the reason for this spike is because of a reformulation of gas for summer driving because of environmental concerns, but sometimes the environment has to be sacrificed to reduce people's suffering.

Yesterday at the doctor's office, I was watching that channel that has nothing but business and they were talking to people in the oil commodity pit somewhere. Sadly, all I could think of were that I was seeing a bunch of really evil people in a feeding frenzy intent on making their fellow man suffer so that they can make some money.

When gas gets down to $2.50, I will consider it reasonable and fair. Not until then.

This Is Ridiculous. --RoadDog

No comments: