Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

JSS: Frasier-- Trimming-- Boat-- Adirondack Chairs

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. FRASIER-- Yesterday, I had to watch a couple episodes of "Frasier" that Liz and I particularly like. One was when Frasier was dating a gym teacher who, when she got after a girl for not being able to climb a rope, reminded him of his high school gym teacher who made his life miserable. The other one was when he a Niles were trying to learn how to ride bicycles.

Classic TV at its best!! In doing James Arness' obituary on my history blog, I saw that Kelsey Grammer had tied Arness for most years playing the same character on a TV show, twenty. Grammer did it on "Cheers" and "Frasier."


2. TRIMMING-- One more day to go on the hardest job I do in the spring/summer, trimming the bushes. Yesterday. I did the area by the deck, southwest corner of the house and arboretum. I only have Frances' Back 40 left today.


3. BOAT-- Yesterday, i also picked up the boat in Hebron and drove it over to the marina for summerizing. Hopefully we'll get it back today.


4. ADIRONDACK CHAIRS-- Today, I'm going over to Menard's in Volo to buy some of these great chairs. They are on sale for $13 apiece with a $3 rebate, so $10. I'm getting two for myself and four for friends since I have a truck.

You wouldn't want to try to get one of those into a car.

These are rosin, so don't fall apart. Mighty comfortable chairs, but, as I get older, mighty hard to get out of after you sit down.

Give Me a Boat and an Adirondack Chair and I'm a Happy Camper. --RoadDog


LIVING NEAR CHICAGO...A trip across town (from the lake to the West Side) will take a minimum of two hours.

No comments: