Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mighty Unneighborly of Me

I good neighbor does not cause problems with the people living around him. I try to be a good neighbor.

But, this past Saturday, I found out that I wasn't all that neighborly. While cutting the grass, I saw a couple survey marker flags by the front and back of my lot.

The one in the front showed my ditch flower garden well on my side of it. However, the one in the back, by my burn pile, showed that I was about nine feet onto my neighbor Keith's yard.

My burn pile used to be more in the middle of my back yard, but seven years ago, when new neighbors built a house on that vacant lot behind us, I moved the pile because it is not very pretty and gets quite big before burning season in October and November (we can also burn in April and May).

I put it on the west end of the arboretum and over the years, its size has grown considerably as my growing things have gotten bigger.

Right now, Keith has a six foot fence around his swimming pool which blocks off the view of the pile for him. Now, he wants to move the fence out to his property lines, although he will need another one at the pool because of the drop off in the back.

I'm not crazy about a big fence right by my yard, but its his property. He says it is ok for the burn pile to be where it is, but I am going to move it to a spot by the northwest corner of the arboretum.

Neighbors Shouldn't Appropriate Other Neighbor's Yards. --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO...If you know what Riverview was. (I wrote about it on today's history blog as there was an article in the Tribune about it.)

1 comment:

Empoprises said...

In my neighborhood, a burn pile itself would be un-neighborly - and illegal. (With our fire danger and pollution issues, a burn pile is the last thing we need in southern California.)