Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 25, 2011

JSIS: Of Kings and Queens-- Arcade Fire at Wrigley-- Divide those perennials

JSIS-- Just Some Interesting Stuff


1. OF KINGS AND QUEENS-- Big wedding this Friday, I won't be watching as I'll be on Route 66. Plus, it's a bit too ET and Red Carpet for regular folk like me. But, yesterday's parade Magazine had some stuff I didn't know about the British Royals.

Queen Elizabeth's husband Philip, 89, is not called king because the husband of a hereditary queen can't be king. He's a consort. The wife of a king, however, can take the title queen.

Royal succession: Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Harry, then Charles' brother Prince Andrew, 51, then his two daughters, then his brother Prince Edward, 47.


2. ARCADE FIRE AT WRIGLEY'S 7TH INNING STRETCH-- Since Harry Caray's death in 1998, the Chicago Cubs have had different celebrities singing "Take me Out to the Ball Game." Saturday, it was Arcade Fire, a band out of Canada. I first heard of them at the Grammys and was so impressed, I went out and bought the CD 'Suburbs." Real good stuff.


3. DIVIDE THOSE PERENNIALS-- Yesterday's Chicago Tribune had an article about dividing your perennials to get more for your garden buck. No kidding, I do that all the time and am swamped with perennials now. Anyone want several thousand mums?


Flowers All Over the Place. --RoadDog


STUPID QUESTION: Can blind people see their dreams? and do they dream?

No comments: