Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Big-White "Surprise" This Morning

Last week I was sitting out on the deck in the chaise-lounge catching some rays. This morning, we had three inches of S-N-O-W out there. And, I was going to cut the grass today. Man, I can't even find it.

We'd heard that the Wisconsin-Illinois line (that's us) might get snow last night and that it could be 2+ inches.

Beautiful stuff though. I call it nature's painting when it attaches to tree limbs, bushes and the pines. Of course, the deciduous trees don't have leaves yet. And, the stuff stayed off the driveway and sidewalks so I didn't have to fire up the snowblower. (It's still recovering from the Groundhog Day Blizzard.)

I don't remember getting this much snow this late before, although we did have the April Fool's Blizzard of 1975 where I got stranded where I was working at the Holiday Inn in Wheeling, Illinois. Well, if you've got to get stranded, that's a good place to do it.

A whole lot of it has melted already.

I Didn't Want to Cut the Grass Anyway. Can't Afford the Gas ($4.10 here in Spring Grove). --RoadDog


STUPID QUESTIONS: Why does water that has trickled down from the mountains for centuries have a "use by" date?

No comments: