Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The New Car and the Attack of the Old People

Yesterday, I went to the Fox lake Theatre with the intention of seeing the movie "Water for Elephants."

I took the new 2011 Malibu for my first time since we bought it. (I had driven it for a test-drive, but Liz drove it home) Still raining a little. Why is it every time we buy a new car, it has to get rained on right away? That even happened with our last two new boats. Of course, in boats, it is even less enjoyable.

I was testing out the radio presets. We have three months of free XM radio and I'm going to use it (but hopefully won't feel it necessary to buy it). I got the first group of presets set up, but couldn't figure out how to do the second one. I have the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s preset and am now on the Radio Margaritaville station.

I definitely won't have Howard Stern set on it though. What a waste.


ATTACK OF THE OLD PEOPLE

There were lots of cars already in the theatre parking lot and at least five others that appeared to be driverless as I was looking for a place to park. I saw that they were driven by little old ladies.

The line to enter was out the door and wrapping around the ice cream place. I've never seen that many people. A bus pulled up and more white hairs got off. It was a senior citizen feeding frenzy!!

I found out later "Water for Elephants" was about a guy in a rest home reminiscing about his life in a traveling circus back in the 30s and 40s. This would be a draw for old folks and I imagine that is why they were there.

I figured I'd just see another movie, but when I walked up to the theatre, all five registers had at least ten people in line. No way I'm going to wait in a line like that.

Went Home. --RoadDog

Wait a minute, in less than a month, I'll be sixty. reckon that kind of makes me an old person as well.


STUPID QUESTION: If a man is walking in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

No comments: